FCI Final Project
April 10, 2007
Pickled Asian Pear with Persimmon-Jicama Salad, Kalamansi Citronette
Ingredients (4 servings)
2 Asian pears
100ml rice wine vinegar
5g pine nuts
50ml kalamansi juice
100ml blended olive oil
Pickled Asian Pear
- Combine rice wine vinegar and equal pinches of salt and sugar in a small bowl.
- Core pear and thinly slice, allowing three slices per plate. Place pear slices in the vinegar pickling liquid and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside.
Persimmon and Jicama Salad, Kalamansi Citronette
- Combine kalamansi juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cut persimmon and jicama into julienne. Combine with microgreens and lightly dress with the citronette.
- Serve three slices of pickled Asian pear garnished with toasted pine nuts alongside the persimmon-jicama salad.