Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I am not a baker, part III



Two of my close friends came to NYC to celebrate their birthdays. Both are (or are aspiring) Opthamologists. Their frustration ensues when I confuse them with Optometrists. I think I should be excused because I have perfect vision.

Let's clear this up, shall we?
Optician: Adjusts glasses.
Optometrist: Tests vision, prescribes glasses/contacts.
Opthamologist: Detects and treats eye-related diseases/disorders.

Gotta love the running comments/questions though. Hilarious.

"Eye doctor school must be hard. How do you guys figure out which letters to put on that eye chart thingy? Why is the 'E' always on top? Who invented the purple contact? You must be really good at using those teeny tiny screwdrivers. Hey! I think the Lens Crafters by my apartment is hiring, I'll get you an application!"


The cake took me about a day and a half since I made my own fondant out of marshmallows, powdered sugar and water. The cake is mocha with mocha buttercream, an old family recipe.

My first fancy cake turned out pretty good, although now all my friends are expecting fancy cakes for their birthdays. I'll be sure to continue to use these cakes as delicious methods to make fun of them.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rock, cindy. so creative! hope no one steals your idea...that's a serious money maker. i love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete