Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am not a baker.

Baking is tedious. It requires a lot of time, patience, and exact measurements. There's no tasting while preparing, no adjusting during cooking, and no fixing once it's done. In most cases, if you screw up the only option is to throw it out and start over. In short, baking sucks. Also, bakers have to wake up really really early.

But in an attempt to be a well-rounded chef, I wanted to try to make bread. I found a great recipe online that requires very little kneading. Plus, it has a funny name.

A Big Lazy Loaf Recipe

Bonus: The smell of freshly baked bread filled my apartment for hours.






My resulting loaf was oh so pretty - golden brown with a lovely crackling crust. It traveled nicely and my husband and I ate it in Central Park with salami, Manchego, fresh tomatoes and a great view.



Central Park, New York City, March 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment